Curamericas Global provides many ways for people to contribute to our lifesaving work by volunteering at the office in Raleigh, NC and remotely. Check out some of the ways you can get involved below and contact [email protected] for more information. Here is the Volunteer Orientation Packet.
Serve with us at the Guatemalan Consulate
We need volunteers on specific dates this year to join us at events with the Guatemalan Consulate. Specific activities include distributing food and drink, reading to children, providing health education (as your expertise allows), photography, and helping people set up email addresses or Facebook accounts.
8 am to 1 pm
- ABRIL 7 – Día Internacional del Libro (International Day of the Book)
- MAYO 19 – Día del la Madre (Mother’s Day)
- JUNIO 2 – Día del Padre (Father’s Day)
- JULIO 7 – Celebración de la Niñez y Juventud (Celebration of children and youth)
- AGOSTO 4 – Derechos Laborales (Workers rights)
- SEPTIEMBRE – 22 Celebraciones de Independencia (Guatemalan Independence Day)
- OCTUBRE 13 – Semana de la Salud (Health Week)
- NOVIEMBRE 17 – Cultura Guatemalteca: Día de Todos los Santos (All Saint’s Day – Guatemalan Culture)
- DICIEMBRE 8 – Convivio Navideño (Nativity)
Saturday 8 am to 5 pm and Sunday 8 am to 1 pm
- Abril 28-29 – Spartanburg, SC
- Mayo 5-6 – Columbia, SC
- Junio 23-24 – Charleston, SC
- Julio 28-29 – Morganton, NC
- Agosto 18-19 – Charlotte, NC
- Septiembre 8 – Wilmington, NC
- Octubre 20-21 – Myrtle Beach SC
- Noviembre 3-4 – Greenville, SC
- Diciembre 1-2 – Asheville, NC
6 pm to 7 pm
- Febrero 26 – Raleigh
- Marzo 14 – Fayeteville
- Abril 11 – Greensboro
Please contact Andrew Herrera ([email protected]) for more information.
Join us for a Letter Packing Party
All of our letters and holiday cards are packaged and mailed by staff and volunteers. Join us for a Letter Packing Party at our office in Raleigh, and hang out with Curamericas’ staff and others who are interested in doing good for moms and kids abroad.
Help out at our HQ
Do you enjoy working in an office environment, have a few hours to spare each week, and want to commit to an organization for an extended amount of time? Administrative Volunteers work short shifts at Curamericas Office to assist with tasks such as answering the phone, writing thank you cards to supporters, typing and data entry, organizing and filing, and connecting Curamericas with like-minded individuals and businesses in the Triangle.
Join do-gooders from around the Triangle and Curamericas staff at our annual Hops for Hope event on December 1 at Person Street Bar. This event includes live music, a raffle, and art silent auction. Volunteers are needed prior to the event for marketing and to secure raffle items, and at the event to help with set up and manning the raffle table.
Do you have skills in design and want to give back? Volunteer at Curamericas’ office or remotely to produce print-ready pieces that touch the hearts and minds of Curamericas’ supporters. Projects include the Holiday Card, Event Fliers, Grassroots Newsletter and more!
Stay Up-To-Date With Curamericas Global
We will not spam, sell or otherwise misuse your information!